Non-Destructive Examinations are performed on industrial assets at in-service and out-of-service intervals to comply with regulating codes and standards. The exact method and procedure are to be determined based on operational history, code selection, and client specifications.
Inspection Techniques and Certification Requirements:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) – CGSB Level 1, 2, and 3.
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI/MT) – CGSB Level 1, 2, and 3.
- Magnetic Flux Leakage / Exclusion (MFE/Silverwing)
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (LPI/PT) – CGSB Level 1, 2, and 3.
- Radiographic Testing – CGSB – CEDO, Level 1, 2, and 3.
- Laser Scanning
- Determination of remaining life based on findings.
- Locating and recording defects found with the chosen technique.
- Determination of required repairs.
- Verification of service conditions and expected damage mechanisms.